Thursday, February 25, 2016

Hummingbird Food

CENTIMOM'S HUMMINGBIRD FOOD







I just LOVE Hummingbirds! So small, so tiny, so fast and so beautiful! Ever since I arrived in California, I have learned to pause and look especially when I think what I saw was a "big bee".  I have caught many pictures like the one above. I have been asked, "How do you get hummingbirds to come to your feeders?"
I reply, mostly patience.  I put nectar in the feeders with the plastic red and yellow flowers. Then, you wait. You wait for them to find your feeder. Each year I have seen the Ruby Throat and the Katharine, and Rufus, usually one or two at a time, fighting for their territory.






What really helps is having a good nectar. There are many mixtures out there, wet and dry. I have always bought the dry and mixed it myself. Most have you add red food coloring. While it can help to attract the Hummingbirds because the flowers they love are that color. However, certain reds can harm the birds, which is something I didn't realize until reading Centimom's information that came with her specially formulated Hummingbird feed.


Her Hummingbird Feed is put together with the health of the birds in mind. It is actually called "Gourmet Hummingbird Feed"  It does not have any harmful ingredients, no perservatives and no artifical sweeteners.  It is made of all natural ingredients.The feed comes in three pound bags for a very reasonable price. Centimom gives all sorts of hints for drawing Hummingbirds and keeping the nectar healthy. For example, place the feeder in a shady place to slow the growth of mildew. The nectar should be changed every three or four days.


Centimom also sells other tools, like Hummingbird feeders, feeder brushes for cleaning, a book on Hummingbirds and how to attract them to your yard.


I received a generous supply of Gourmet Hummingbird Feed free in exchange for this
review.


#centimom
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NS3J3HW

No comments:

Post a Comment