Sunday, February 28, 2016

NEWTONS CRADLE


Newtons Cradle sold by ActionFly


This is quite a bit of fun!  Newtons Cradle is an instrument that was designed showing Newtons Law of Motion that every action has an equal and opposite reaction.  Thus if one ball is raised and dropped, one on the other end will do the same.  If we drop two balls, then two on the other end will raise in reaction to the force.  Or, you can look at it as a really cool toy for adults!  Kids could use it too, but they may tangle up the strings. Ask me, I know. I had one when I was a kid and I messed it up so many times!  It was tough to untangle.

This Newtons Cradle sold by ActionFly is made mostly of metal, the zigzag hanger and the balls. The balls are hung on a poly string. The base is durable plastic that looks like steel. It is very reflective.  This is a high class version of the old Lincoln log looking Newtons Cradle. I love it and have it on my desk at home. When I teach I have it high on a shelf but I will bring it down to demonstrate and let responsible students work with it.

  • The seller says:  Newton's Cradle makes a great desktop gift.
    Unique exclusive contemporary design
    These swinging balls will keep you occupied for hours at work.
    Newton's Cradle is a clever device that not only demonstrates a pendulum, but also shows the Laws of Conservation of Momentum and Energy.
    Contemporary design complements any office or home decor.
    I love my Newtons Cradle!  I received my cradle at a reduced price in exchange for this honest review.
     
    #balls

No comments:

Post a Comment